1753814 Members
7781 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

array accelerator parity read error:2

kim wally
Occasional Advisor

array accelerator parity read error:2

i have a proliant 6000 which does not find the drive at boot -instead i get this message.
does anyone know what it means? thanks kim
6 REPLIES 6
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: array accelerator parity read error:2

Hi Kim,

The Array Accelerator refers to the cache on the Array Controller, specifically Write-Back Cache. If you have had a parity error it is likely to be a fault with the cache module.

As you don't specify what type of Smart Array controller is in your system I would suggest that if your controller has a plug-in cache module attached to the main array board that you try removing and reseating the attached cache module.

If it continues to generate the error after reseating then remove the cache module altogether and see if it passes its self-tests. It should be able to run without write-back cache but performance will be much poorer. This will however possibly get you up and running again until a repair can be made.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Kim,

I noticed that you had another thread open and referred there to the installed 3100ES controller. I have attached an image of the controller and location of the Array Accelerator cache module. Reseat this and check for any bent/broken pins on the connectors before fitting again firmly to the main board.

Regards,

Brian
Mark Morgan
Regular Advisor

Hello Kim

I replied at your earlier message. If you do not need the array you can pull the card and move the cable to the onboard scsi.

Just a thought.
Good Luck
Mark
kim wally
Occasional Advisor

brian and mark
thank you for your replies, i will put your
suggestions to work and see what i get,
it is so good to have such a specific forum as this with such a knowledge trust.
kim
kim wally
Occasional Advisor

hi again,
i am not sure how i can bypass the smart array 3100 es card as the scsi cables plug into the motherboard next to the smart array card.
i noticed that the accelerator card )which piggy backs off the controller card) has some batteries welded on to it -could this be the problem? am i to understand that i can remove
the accelerator card and then the smart array will work -albiet slowly?
thanks kim
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Kim,

The 3100ES can have different sized cache modules attached. For removal and replacement of the cache modules please see the attached chapter from the 3100ES user guide.

Regards,

Brian