3868 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

bad disk sub-system

ms2013
Occasional Advisor

bad disk sub-system

Hi,

We have a DL 380 G5 server running MS Exchange 2010. I have been informed by Microsoft that the exchange database is corrupt as a result of "bad disk sub-system"

How can I check and confirm this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: bad disk sub-system

Hi,

you can check the status of the underlying disk sub-system by running installing and running HP ACU for brief overview and HP ADU for more detailed diagnostics.
ms2013
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

When I ran the ADU, i see that the Smart Array P400 in slot 1 - cache is temporarily disabled. Also looks like the battery has been discharged.

When I run ACU, i see the following error:

"

263 Smart Array P400 in Slot 1 has one or more array accelerator batteries/capacitors that are failed. Array accelerator operations such as Expansion, Extension, and Migration are temporarily suspended until the batteries/capacitors are replaced. Please consult the user guide to identify and replace the failed components.

Could this be causing the error?

Do I need to submit this ADU report to an HP professional to review, in order to find out if the hard drive is damaged?

Thanks.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

That would be the best yes, but perhaps the broken battery is enough to cause problems for Exchange.

Contact HP, at least for a battery cache replacement.