4360 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: battery on a DL585G1

facnj
Occasional Advisor

battery on a DL585G1

how many kinds of battery are there?
Say if our controller is 5i and is battery-backed, does it mean that I can replace the battery for the controller?
After it has been replaced, how can I confirm that the controller is still battery-backed?

I looked into the service manual, I noticed the system also has battery. I have asked our hardware vendor to replace the battery on the controller, I just want to make sure the correct battery is replaced.

thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Bijl
Advisor

Re: battery on a DL585G1

Hi facnj,
Yes, the 5i controller does use a battery. There are many kinds of batteries for array controllers but there should only be one for the 5i. You might not find a report indicating the health status of the battery but many will let you know that it is in a failed state. If it fails you should be able to see it during Post along with almost all other management applications provided by hp. What I would recommend is that you run and Array Diagnostics Utility report and this will give you the firmware version as well as report any issues with the health of your battery. If you are doing a fresh setup, you will not be able to do Raid 5 without the battery as it requires the enhance performance from the accelerator.

Regards,