4999 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: best way to deploy support paq's

mark q
Regular Advisor

best way to deploy support paq's

Hi,

I currently have to login to each server to run a script that I wrote to deploy the support paq's. This works very well but it's also very time consuming.

Has anyone got a better way to do this?

I've tried some of the hp utilities and still find that the hpsum utility does not always upgrade everything on servers which is why I've been sticking with this method - do the install - check the updates before rebooting.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Xteven
Advisor

There is a quick way to do it; you can run the .bat file that is in the PSP files once that you extract it.
It will force all the updates on the server and it totally unattended. Just open the file it will automatically do all the installations and it will close automatically when the installations ends

Xteven
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

check this using HP SUM HP Smart Update Manager

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1224722220170+28353475&threadId=1272952

we talk about that how to update multiples driver and Firmware if need

I hope it can help you

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

attaching the PDF since the pictures in that link I provided to you it's not good

mark q
Regular Advisor

I've tried all of the stuff that you guys mentioned I use hpsum from the commandline to do the updates.

I'm talking a way to roll this out to hundreds of servers at a time (I have over 2000)
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

use HP SIM

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/index.html
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

call HP and request information about HPSIM that tool it's the best option to handle update in batch