108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: blade rack: fibre and ethernet lights dark

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Stephens_1
Occasional Advisor

blade rack: fibre and ethernet lights dark

I've got a blade rack, four blade enclosures and two power supply enclosures, with FC patch panels in front and ethernet in the back. After working fine for a couple years, suddenly NONE of the FC indicator lights are working, and one block of ethernet connector lights are out. For clarity, I'm referring to the lights next to each fibre transceiver and ethernet connection, that shows link status and, in the ethernet case, network activity. The change might have occurred when we went to the enhanced backplanes (to support bl45s) a couple months ago. The rack upgrade utility reports all components at firmware rev 2.30. Anyone seen this behaviour before? (A co-worker calls them 'idiot lights' but I find them useful for troubleshooting.)
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

David Stephens_1
Occasional Advisor

Many thanks for the link, KOV!
That explains the FC lights. But I've still got one enclosure (out of four) that has no lights on the ethernet connections. Anyone care to theorize on that one?
Steven Baillie
Trusted Contributor

I had the same problem, no ethernet lights on NICS 3/4 for one enclosure.

Lucky the power what being switched off as after the power was switched back on all the lights were working again.

I tried taking out the ethernet connections at the back and swapping them with other conntections, this did not help.

Upgrading firmware of the enclosures did not help.

the only thing was powering down the enclosure. (the whole rack was powered down but just turning off the power to the enclosure should do it.)

steven