cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boot partition corrupt

Dave_223
Occasional Visitor

boot partition corrupt

I have a ML 370 G3 that was configured as a Novell Netware 6.0 server. For the second time in a month now I have lost the boot partition. If I boot a disk and fdisk it I can see the partitions for Dos and Netware are intact but the boot partition is corrupt. Is there a way to reformat the partition and get Netware back on or is there something I am missing as far as hardware config. This is very frustrating as it happens at random. 10 good bootups then on big ugly "unable to boot" Thank you in advance for any help.
2 REPLIES
Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

Re: boot partition corrupt

Was your server created with SmartStart version 6.0 - 6.30, and with a DOS partition greater than 1400M? If so this is a known problem with corruption of the file system for which a fix was released last week, 16th July.
Malcolm Fisher
Occasional Visitor

Re: boot partition corrupt

I also had this issue and solved it the old fashion way be doing a work around. This will be fixed (apparently) in SS 6.4. 'Don hold your breath. I will have a look for the fix which has been released as well, maybe a shortcut to my solution. See attached for the details of my solution. It has worked for me on 2 occasions and any other server I have built I have taken a file backup of the C:\ as an insurance policy.