1752608 Members
4924 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: boot problems

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

boot problems

I have recently ?acquired? a ProLiant 800 with Linux installed on it. Not being a Linux guru, I wanted to remove the OS. After running fdisk and formatting the drives I installed WIN2000. everything seemed to be running ok except for not being able to access the bios information (F10). After poking around in the support web pages, I came to the conclusion that what I needed to do was run the System Configuration Utility and reinstall the Smartstart files that I had deleted (I know, I know?). Well, to make a long story short (too late), I now can?t get the computer to run past the SCSI search. It boots to there and just sits and stares at me. Any suggestions as how to get the utility software back onto the partition I?ve deleted and get the computer to boot far enough to search the cdrom or floppy?
Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: boot problems

Did you try using the system erase utility from the smart start cd and then just run the smart start set up again? It should wipe the drives clean and the smart start will start the configuration all over. If the smart start splash screen does not come on just after the wipe I don't know. You may have damaged the drive itself. Good luck.