1752666 Members
5538 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: boot up

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

boot up

I was running the assisted installation. when I rebooted to configure NT , it just shows a power light and doesn't even go through the POST. no screen, and no POST, and beep. I have reseated the processor board and processors. nothing. I have not switched out the processor board. the processor lights indicate power and there are no processor error lights on.
12 REPLIES 12
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the same problem!! I have a question for the original poster. When the machine is on, can you insert a CD into the CDrom drive. I can't. The CDrom does not seem to be recieving power, so this seems to be a power issue. I was doing something very similar; I was adding ram. Could we have inadvertantly unseated a power cable somewhere?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

yes, i am getting power to everything. the power light is on. the scsi raid drives all blink right when i push the button, and the cd rom light goes on for about 5 to 10 seconds. the only thing is that it doesn't perform the POST and there is no video giving me an error. the LED screen on front does nothing but give the generic screen with the model info. ??? I am going to try to switch out the ram and see if that is a factor. I cant find in the documentation anything about no POST. ???
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We have experienced a problem that from your description was identical to a problem we had a week ago. Our Net Ware server was getting ABENDs and would only run for about 4 hours before crashing. Eventually we ran across the exact same symptoms you supplied. We ended up replacing the "Cage" that houses / supports the CPUs and RAM. We kept our CPUs and RAM to swapped them out to the new board. We have been happy ever since. This is the second time we had this problem with a ProLiant 1600.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

In sitting here at work, comptemplating the issue, I have to agree with Mike. The issue does seem to be somehow related to that cage.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

That's what Seems to be the issue. I don't have another one around right now to swap cages to see, but that 's what I was wanting to do. I will just place call in to compaq. thanks you guys for your responses.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

If anyone needs it, the part number for the cage is: 313621-001.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

FYI - i just received my new processor cage and its still doing the same thing? AAAAAAHHHHRRGG!!!! I'm fixing to see if NIKE might be able to make it work if you know what i mean!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hey, just a question, do you have the P5 power cable plugged in??
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

what is a P5 power cable? I am using the power cable it came with along with other i've tried. maybe it's the back plane or sister board that the other boards plug into. I think I'm just going to call a tech to come look at it. besides i can pick his brain while he's hear.