4650 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: c:\ is full and adding a 2nd cpu

SOLVED
Go to solution
dan hassay

c:\ is full and adding a 2nd cpu

new customer with a ml 150 g2. 4 sata hard drives hooked up to the sata raid controller. they have less than 200 megs on the c: drive and there isnt anything i can delete or move to another drive. what is the best way to fix this? i need to find out how the raid is setup. i am hoping that the c and d partitions are on one drive and the e drive is the raid. how do i look at the raid setup?
it is only using one cpu now. do i need to install the exact kind of cpu or can the speeds be different? i am assuming that i can just plugin the new cpu and thats it.
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

I would say the easiest way would be
backup and insert bigger HDDs and restore

the other way would be

same as here
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1303536
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
dan hassay

raid card is adaptec 26105A with c: and d: on one drive ( drive 0 ) and not part of the raid array luckily. its a maxtor 80 gig sata drive. my thinking is to buy a bigger hard drive and partition it with a bigger c: and d: and then copy over the c: to c: and then the d: to d:. we have a little black box called a disk jockey that can perform this. sound right?

the first cpu is a xeon 3 Ghz and i want to add another one. does it have to be identical to the first cpu and do you have the specs on the cpu? socket etc? thanks
dan hassay

one more question- where can i order the correct heatsink/fan for the 2nd cpu?
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

here is the part number for Intel Xeon 3.0-GHz/800-MHz FSB/2-MB Cache, Processor Option Kit
380528-B21
google this for plenty of stockists.

the overview on the ml150 g2 says it can have either a 1mb cache or a 2mb cache. how can i find out which chip is in there without pulling the cpu out? my computer show the xeon 3 ghz but it doesnt say the cache size.

also, do i have to use a hard drive that hp says to use or can i just use any sata drive and just mount it into the hd holder plug thing? thanks