ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752723 Members
6159 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

can hpcucli add a new array of type sata to a p410i with an existing sas array?

redand65

can hpcucli add a new array of type sata to a p410i with an existing sas array?

I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. the error i get says devtype sata is not supported on the P410i.

I thought it was. This is a HPDL380 G7 running Ubuntu if that helps.

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: can hpcucli add a new array of type sata to a p410i with an existing sas array?

Both SAS and SATA arrays can exist on the same cotnroller.  The only rule is they cannot be mixed in the same array

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: can hpcucli add a new array of type sata to a p410i with an existing sas array?

what is the command line you are attempting to use when you get the error?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Created array A using two 500GB SAS drives, installed an OS and hpssacli (latest version of hpacucli)

From withing the OS ran hpssacli, and from within hpssacli prompt did the following..

'ctrl slot=2 create type=ld drives=all' This created a new array using the two available 1TB SATA drives

'ctrl slot=2 array b delete'  Deleted the newly created array

'ctrl slot=2 create type=ld drives=all drivetype=sata' Also successfully created a new array using the two available SATA drives

'help create' shows various options you can specify to create a new array. My first example is probably the easiest as it just grabs all the available drives and puts them in a new array

'ctrl all show' will show what slot your controller uses