Did you mean: 

can i create 2 logical drives from 5 drives. 3 drives raid 5 2 drives mirrored

ShaunWallis
Occasional Visitor

can i create 2 logical drives from 5 drives. 3 drives raid 5 2 drives mirrored

I have the following setup

Smart Array P410i in Embedded Slot : Identify Controller

Configured Logical Drives 1 (0x01)

Big Drive Present Map                0x1f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
                                        Position Device                Status        
                                        -------- --------------------- -------------
                                        0        Physical Drive 1I:1:1 Informational
                                        1        Physical Drive 1I:1:2 Informational
                                        2        Physical Drive 1I:1:3 Informational
                                        3        Physical Drive 1I:1:4 Informational
                                        4        Physical Drive 2I:1:5 Informational

Drives 0, 1 and two are already running raid 5.  I have two additional drive which i want to create a  ( d: )  logical drive mirrored. what is the best was to go about this

4 REPLIES

Re: can i create 2 logical drives from 5 drives. 3 drives raid 5 2 drives mirrored

Hi,

i think best configuration
two disk with raid 1 - OS section
three disk with raid 5 - Data storing section

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
I am HPE Employee

If this helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.
ShaunWallis
Occasional Visitor

Re: can i create 2 logical drives from 5 drives. 3 drives raid 5 2 drives mirrored

Thank you for the reply,

Current setup is 3 drive raid 5

I want to add two additional drives to created a second logical drive to move my wsus as it is eating away my space space.

i am not sure of how to create this i dont want to distroy my current raid and logical drive.

Kind regards

Shaun

Hi @ShaunWallis

You can expand the existing raid 5.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03510253

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
I am HPE Employee

If this helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.
valpreda
Occasional Visitor

If your WSUS is getting big, look at Clean-WSUS.ps1. I bet it cleans up a TON of space. Seen it clear up 100GB of expired/unneeded updates and it will do it automatically if you set it as a task. Few pieces to install (SQL connections) and then very easy to configure. It's something I install with every machine running WSUS. 

https://community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/2998-wsus-automated-maintenance-formerly-adamj-clean-wsus