New Discussion

Re: can't upgrade iLO on DL580 G7

SOLVED
Go to solution
emoxam182
Advisor

can't upgrade iLO on DL580 G7

i have ilo fw  1.28 (13.01.2012)

i try to install 1.50 and get an error " Management processor rejected the firmware data!"

i try to install 1.55 and get the same error

i try to install 1.28 and get the same error

fw's i download from http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=4142792&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D%257CswItem%253DMTX_b0cebf5c022c4e59b5da158f59%257CswEnvOID%253D4064%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D5%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vi...

And i have wrong serial number in iLO (thats why i want to update ilo fw), maybe thats the reason ?

4 REPLIES 4
gregersenj
Honored Contributor
Solution

I don't believe it's due to the Serial number issue. But fix that first anyway.

Theres' 3 ways to upgrade the ILo FW on-line.

1. Usinge the on-line component, as you are trying.

2. Using HPSUM (SPP).

3. Using the iloxx.bin file through the ILo interface, under administartion.

Or you can do it off-line

Download the latest SPP, create a bootable USB stick.

Boot on the USB stick, and run automatic (Full) or Interactive FW update (You can select the components).

If you can't get option 1 to work, then I would choose option 3, wich I prefer anyway.

OPtion 3: On a worstation run the on-line opgrade component, select extract, selct folder to extract to.

Browse to the ILo - select adminstration, find the FW upgrade option. - Browse to the ILoxxx.bin - click update.

If this also fail, try another browser. If it still fail, go to, the Off-line option, and run the interactive FW upgrade.

Unless you do want to upgrade all fw.

BR

/jag

Accept or Kudo

TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Hi emoxam182,

You mentioned that you are getting same error while reinstalling the existing firmware version 1.28. Management processor might be busy or hung. Reset ILO by removing all the power cables of server and try to update the firmware again by using Step 3 mentioned by Jag. It should work or else system board needs to be replaced. We recently faced similar issue, We shutdown the server. Reset the ILO, Tried to update all F/W but in vain. HP tech repeated the above steps, he also updated the system BIOS and cleared the NVRAM, turned off the ILO password but no change.

Finally System board was replaced.

Hopefully you may be able to resolve by resetting the ILO.

-Tarun Jain

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">

emoxam182
Advisor

Hi, Jag!

I didn't know about fw update via ilo itself, thanks, it helped. Ilo fw. ver is now 1.55, but serial is still wrong, should i create new post ?

Add: Oh, i see we've got answer uin my another post

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/wrong-serial-number-in-ilo/td-p/6087845#.Uaw09M6Le1H

gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Greate :)

>Tarun Jain, If you can connect to the ILo, there's reset option in the ILo administration. It hasn't allways been there, but it is now. In the past we changed network paramters, to force a reboot of the ILo.

BR

/jag

Accept or Kudo