ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753784 Members
7222 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: can we configure Raid 1 on Gen8 and Gen9 Via Powershell ?

Tanoj
Occasional Contributor

can we configure Raid 1 on Gen8 and Gen9 Via Powershell ?

Hi Friends,

New bee here and also for Physical Servers too,

basically we trying to automate the Server deployment task (  Configure the BIOS settings + Configure the RAID 1 + Deploy OS + Deploy the respective Service Pack )   using ( Orchestrator and SCCM )

i would be using SCCM 1810 for the OSD + Serverpack installation part,

i need help with configuring RAID 1  , i found smart array commandlets but i read that they support starting from Gen 10 and not for Gen 8 & 9 , ?

is there any way to achieve this ? if anyone has step by step guide etc please share

any guidence will be highly appreaciated

Thank you !!!

Tanoj

2 REPLIES 2
GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

Unfortuanately Smart Array cmdlets are supported only from Gen10 onwards and that is because of Redfish interfaces availability from Gen10 onwards.

For Gen9\8 you can use SSA CLI but the restriction is you need to have host OS available. Other option is offline system configuration options during boot time has to be used for first logical drive creation.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Tanoj
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply, we are expecting few Gen10 servers , could you please share any weblink or document which explains process to configure Raid 1 via Powershell scripts or Microsoft Orchestrator etc Kind Regards Tanoj