ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752600 Members
4777 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: compaq prolant ML 370

Mohammed Haroon

compaq prolant ML 370

I am facing a problem in my ML370 server , first 2 slots (pci 64) are showing me green LED but when I connect scsi card in it its not shows any display, only it works with the normal PCI slot(slot 3) can you tell me what is the problem in the slot.
6 REPLIES 6
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

did you turn them off prior instal ?
hot plug Drive installed ?
any other card works fine ? HP/Compaq Cards ?
Bios Up to date ? System Mngmt Driver ? etc

not clear ... in it its not shows any display ... ???
Mohammed Haroon

bios and arrey controller both are updated to the new version. it is ML370 G2 ..
first 2 slots are totally seems not working when i connect SCSI cards in any first two slots , it not show me display
when i unplug SCSI cards from the slot it start showing me display
when i try to connect SCSI card on third normat PCI slot .its start working and initializing the arrey and booting the OS.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Mohammed,

I suspect that your SCSI card is a 5Volt PCI card (Check with manufacturer's spec.)

Slots 1 and 2 of the ML370G2 are 3.3Volt PCI slots. The other slots are 5Volt slots. Perhaps that is why you have the problem. (See attached image).

I hope this helps.

Brian
Mohammed Haroon

It was working from last 2 years with the same card and suddenly it stop but the same card working with the 3rd slot (normal PCI)
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Maybe something changed in the BIOS. Why not revert back to the older BIOS and see if that makes any difference.

Enter Rom-Based BIOS Setup via F9 at POST.
Select Advanced Settings
Select Redundant Rom Selection
Select Switch to Backup Rom
Save and exit.

Brian
Mohammed Haroon

i already tryed this.
but the problem is this if its a hardwaer problem in the pci slots it should give red LED . but its not showing and its also not showing any LED in the SCSI cards .
other then this even the slot having some problem or card it should show display screen and do the POST activity but its not showing display.
once i unpluged the cards its start working normally
Can someone help me out