4189 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: compaq proliant 3000 sever fault

SOLVED
Go to solution
andrei_21

compaq proliant 3000 sever fault

I have a compaq proliant 3000 server,that I have bought that has a fault. It does not boot up and seems to be almost completely dead. I doubt I can refund it because I would lose the shipping costs wich were half the price of the server.
When I put the power cable in at the back. The LCD at the front of the comes on and displays the server name and firmware, a green LED light with a lamp symbol at the back comes on and is steady. There is also a yellow LED light with an electricity sign that comes and and flashes ounce. The server is making no sound. The fans are not moving, completely silent.
When I try to switch it on, the yellow (electricity symble) led at the back of the psu flashes ounce then becomes a flashing green. The other light is steady green. The only other thing that I noticed, is the three tiny red led's on top of both the CPU's flash every ten seconds. Nothing much else happens.
Fans are not rotating, apart from the front lcd panel, the server seems completly dead. This is a constant fault.
Any help would be appreciated, my guess would be either the psu or system board, but not even slightly sure, I doubt but hope it might jumper settings, but have not noticed and jumpers on the board. Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9
Raj_75
Regular Advisor

Does your server has single power supply or two power supplies. Can you please look at the attached document at tell me what LED in the back of the server is flashing green?
andrei_21

Thanks for responding. The server only has one power supply unit.
LED 1 flashes ounce in amber then 10 times in green, then repeats the above.
LED 2 is a steady green throughout.
Raj_75
Regular Advisor
Solution

Remove the power supply and reinstalled and check. Also you can install the power supply into second power supply bay and check the status of LEDs. Before you power on close all the server covers properly.

If above is not successfull remove the processors and reinstall properly and see if there is a difference.

You can download removal and replacement procedure by vising Support and Drivers in HP.com

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?targetPage=http%3A%2F%2Fh200002.www2.hp.com%2Fbc%2Fdocs%2Fsupport%2FUCR%2FSupportManual%2FTPM_179764-001_ch2%2FTPM_179764-001_ch2.pdf
e4services
Honored Contributor

Yes, that is what I would do. Actually, I would remove and reinsert everything in the server. Time and shipping can cause some simple disconnects that would be solved be reseating. CPU's, Memory, PS, VRMs etc.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
andrei_21

I have put the PSU in the other bay. The problem seems to be the same.
I have removed and reinserted the CPU's aswell as the memory and just about everything. The proble seems to be the same as before.
Raj_75
Regular Advisor

I suspect that you have a faulty power supply.
Raj_75
Regular Advisor

Have you close all the covers of the server properly? As I remeber there is a interlock switch in the top cover (tower model) that will prevent the server from power on without that cover.
andrei_21

I did replace all covers. This is a rack server. Had a look on the top cover and noticed no switch there.
I have purchased a new PSU and System Board so hopefully one of the two will solve the problem.
Raj_75
Regular Advisor

If it is a rack server, right hand side cover has a interlock.