HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compaq proliant 6500

Shaun Paul Riley
Occasional Visitor

compaq proliant 6500

Hi
Hope you can help. I have a compaq proliant 6500 with 5 9.6gb disks. The server came without any docs,disks or software. I am unable to boot up.The disks are not being recognised at all. Can someone help a novice to get this up and running?
Also the CD drive has swallowed 2 of my disks and will not return them! any idea's. I have IT experience but not in server installs
Thanks

Shaun
2 REPLIES
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Re: compaq proliant 6500

Let me get you started by pointing to some online resources for the Proliant 6500. I'd suggest starting with the User Guide. First thing to verify is what controller the drives are attached to.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=254864

If you have any trouble accessing the URL directly, go to hp.com. Select DRIVER DOWNLOADS. Select radio button for "See support and troubleshooting information". Type in Proliant 6500. Then select MANUALS from the page that appears.
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

Re: compaq proliant 6500

Try to start this server from Compaq SmartStart CD v. between 4.23A - 4.70. Newer I think could not support your server.
Each CPQ server cam with such sofware.
regards,
Andrzej