5939 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

compaq proliant DL 360 error 1611 psu fan 1

SOLVED
Go to solution
goeran

compaq proliant DL 360 error 1611 psu fan 1

I've newly gotten this server and no, i don't know which generation it is. Though I've found a serial 'es1013' on it. It also had some loose conections in it that i fixed, when i at last get the screen working it says 'error 1611', 'psu fan 1', and shutdowns. I've opened the PSU to see if there is anything burnt or smelling and it seems ok? But the three fans don't move and they should start on 'power on'? Or?. Anybody got a clue, it starts up ok, counts up the memory and then give me this error message.

Software or Hardware?
6 REPLIES 6
goeran

Re: compaq proliant DL 360 error 1611 psu fan 1

Stupid of me :) It can't be software, i should have said firmware if anything. On the other hand i don't think it is the PSU cause it works otherwise, my guess is, maybe some switch that's wrong? (system identification switch (SW1)) I haven't been able to find how those should be default. On mine the first four are 'Off' and 5 to 8 are 'On'. As there was a lot of loose ends in it i mean. I got this sneaky suspiscion that someone have tried to 'fix' it before and failed.Or any ideas wellcome...
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

according with

- The system identification switch (SW1)
is an eight-position switch (S1-S8) that
provides the processor switch settings of your server. The server autodetects and configures these switch settings.

- the second SW is The system configuration switch 2 (SW2) is a six-position switch (S1-S6) that is used for maintenance configuration.

all of them must be OFF

and regarding about fan

look the attached file -> fan post errors.JPG

taken from

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=254886
ProLiant DL360 Server
Maintenance and Service Guide

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
goeran

Ok so i tested some more, i took of the lid of the PSU changed places for the three fans and suddenly one worked and the other two intemitently. Ah well, guess I'm just lazy hoping for a switch error. It's definitly the PSU. It's gummed together in places whith something resembling tofee sweets, kind of brownish yellow in color. Maybe thats something that they do to frezze and isolate different parts? To me it seems kind of stupid if so, as they had glued one of the fans stuck to other components whith it. But it strange that the cmpta starts up to tell me that the fans (or fan 1?) is bad 'fatal error' as they seem to work as i move them around? So where can i find a used ;) spare part Compaq PSU? " REV:05 whith serial H2POWR-R05" for my server. ;)

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

ok the point is I'm assuming your server is G1

that link is for G1 server, we have to know the generation if you want a spare part

the spare part are also in that document

regards
goeran

Thanks guys, you're quick ;)

The thing is, i belive it to be an G1 as it has that pice of cable hanging from the back of the chassi, wherein you're supposed to attach the powercable. I think i read somewhere that it only was G1 that had that 'twist'. It's configured with two 933/133 CPU:s 256 cache and has a P21 Bios dated 11/15/02. I was hoping for a microswitch inside the PSU, but nowhere to be found :(. I'm lazy ;).

On the other hand? Between the power outlet from the wall, after entering the chassi you have that strange contraption 'Chaffner Line-011-Load serial:FS5323-3-99 ' that are 'first in line' before the PSU if you get my drift. Could it be that one that f..ks up the feed to the fans? Or should i go for the PSU?

1. Is there any newer kind of PSU without the 'Chaffner' that i could use instead.

2.As i live in stockholm Sweden, i would appriciate if there were spare parts around here :) Used or unused ( yeah, dream on :)

KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

for that kind
Power supply, 190 W Spare Part: 173828-001

ok it's better if you call HP to be complete sure about your PSU

regards