ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753937 Members
9945 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: compaq proliant ml310

james   clelland

compaq proliant ml310

The server just boots up and i get an amber light on the front when i plug the power the fans spin for abought 2 seconds and go off some times the thermal sensor light up when booting but goes away but i cant get it to post is it a motherboard failure or not i have tryed changing the memory cpu the little sun stays amber on the front please help
8 REPLIES 8
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

First of all, please let us know which LED is blinking or is not green.
It seems like a power problem...
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi James

Mi6t0 means there are two important LEDs in front of the sever internal health (check any light - LED in the System Board, reseat parts, swap parts, minimum configuration) or external health (usually power supply)

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
james   clelland

it is the orange light at the front it goes green then goes orange and it is not a power problem i tryed another power supply and the thermal image dose light up then goes away
james   clelland

it is like a bulb it stayes orange on the front panel i dont know what it is called
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

ml310 generation I forgot to ask you?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
james   clelland

it has a 2.0gh in it i dont know what gen it is all i know is it is a compaq
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

I think the best idea will be to check the LEDs on the systemboard.

If you can make pics on the front LEDs and also on the systemboard you will get a really fast answer :)

Regards!
james   clelland

i binned it i took it to my pc shop and he
said the big pc companys make crappy motherboards they see you as suckers they take your money and maby if your luck they micht last you 2 years i have had 5 motherboard in the past 2 years and all of the havent lasted but my gigabyte mother board has lasted 4 years and still going so i an not buying from the big pc companys again it is cheper to build my own pc if i have any problems it will be cheper to fix or replace
test your motherboards a proper test not just through it together and hope it works some people pay thousands for somthing it is worth hundereds
thank you james