cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compaq server DL380

Sonikuddi
Occasional Visitor

compaq server DL380

I am trying to rebuilt this DL380 server. What kind of SCSI hard drives and RAID array are compatible with this? How can I find out what hardware specifications are for this server. When I open the box I see two SCSI ports, built in mother board. I do not know what kind are they. Is this server capable of taking internal SCSI or IDE hard drives?
2 REPLIES
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: compaq server DL380

Hi,

As per the specification:
Maximum Internal Storage of 436.8 GB (4 x 72.8 GB 1" hard drive + 2 x 72.8 GB 1" hard drives) Consisting of the standard 4 x 1" Ultra2 internal drive cage with the optional 2 x 1" Ultra2 drive cage.

Quick specification for same server are avaible on following link.
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/10495_div/10495_div.HTML

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Re: compaq server DL380

DL380 server ships standard with the Integrated smart array controller with its scsi ports on the system board; this is a Ultra2 controller capable of RAID levels 0,0+1 and 5. Channel 2 should be connected to the internal drive cage as itâ s the channel that supports RAID. With the firmware updated on the controller and server you should be able to use any Ultra2, Ultra3 or Ultra320 hard drive. The highest capacity drive available from HP is the 146Gb U320 drive. You cannot use ATA or internal SCSI drives on the server. The "highestâ controller you can use on this server is the SA5300 Ultra3 controller. The server also has a optional drive cage taking the drive capacity to 6 hot plug drives instead of the standard 4.

I hope this info h
There’s your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!