1753872 Members
7372 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: configure System Management Homepage Security

Bernhard Haensel

configure System Management Homepage Security

Hi,

I just configured the latest system management homepage (2.0.1.104) on a few of our DL 380 Servers. I may access the homepages from every servers local console. It does not ask for authentication. But trying to login from any other machine in my network it will bring up the account login page. And it says it is using "operating system authentication". I tried the Administrators login but that does not work! I checked the "Anonymous Access" in "local/anonymous access" but this would give everyone anonymous access (as expected). That's what i dont want!
What needs to be configured to access the System Management Homepage from a client machine with authentication, what user/pass should be used?

Thanks

Bernhard
7 REPLIES 7
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

When you Install Proliant Support software Pack PSP 7.xx
From RDU (remote deployment Utility) you have at left all Configurable Components,
Do a right click and select configure, than select overwrite Existing settings, trust by all, enter credential (for User, operator, admin), click SAVE at top and Install. Web management, IM agents and other need to be configure as Preferred.
Bernhard Haensel

Thanks,

but that's what i already did when I installed it from scratch. I put the group "Administrators" into "Administrator Groups". The note says "Administrators" always has Administrative Access. So I should get Access with my Administrator Account and the appropriate password from any other machine as well as from the servers console but I don't!
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

Bernhard,

The Administrators group is automatically added as approved authenticator for the SMH 2.0. So you should be able to use the local administrator account to log in.

- Steve
Bernhard Haensel

Hi Steve,

we get closer.
I did not mentioned so far some of the servers are Windows 2003 Domain Controllers!
But I trieed to login on two of the servers that are not. And it worked!
But what about the DCs - there is no local account is it possible to authenticate with a domain account?

Thanks

Bernhard
Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

Hi Bernhard,

I'm not sure about this. When I installed the SMH 2.0, I added the Domain Admins group. I've always logged in using my own account since I'm a Domain Admin.

Good luck,
- Steve
Bernhard Haensel

Thanks Steve,

I quit with this. I cannot add Domain Admin group, cause this is a german installation and the interface won't accept non Ascii caracters, but there is one in German! I tried to add several more Domain based groups but non of them worked!
This is a minor issue and I won't waste more time with this.

Thanks again

Bernhard
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I have it installed on a 2003 DC (english) in a test environment. If I login with username:
DOMAIN\administrator
with the appropriate password I get in.

Regards,
Stephen