3611 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: configure e200i to boot to array B

SOLVED
Go to solution
Roman Hanjiev

configure e200i to boot to array B

I have a ML350 G5 with the e200i RAID controller.

I've cloned array A (RAID5 with drives in slots 1-4) to array B (RAID1 with drives in slots 5 and 6) and wish to now boot from array B but there is no setting to set array B as bootable. I've attempted to find the setting in BIOS, e200i BIOS config, and also booted to SmartStart CD, none of which have this setting. Do I need to first delete array A? But what if the cloning process didn't work as expected? I'd like to be able to fall back to the original array A if necessary. Please advise. Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
marcus1234
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi Roman as far as i understand you cannot select the array to boot from the primary array is always selected to boot from ,

make a tape back up and boot up from the disks you want to and remove the others ,

the array info is on the disk not on the controller

so all should be fine
and you can simply fall back by putting the other disks only

This is how we thank in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Enjoy :)
Roman Hanjiev

Thanks, I'll try your suggestion and will let you know the result.
Roman Hanjiev

It almost worked as you described. Turns out that since the config is stored on the hds as you described, I had to remove array A and then create a new array A (blank hard drives) and clone array B back to array A in the configuration I desired (RAID1). I couldn't just remove the original array. Thanks so much for pointing me in the correct direction!
Roman Hanjiev

See above.