ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuringRBSU settings using xml (hponcfg | cpqlocfg)

Robert-Buck
Occasional Advisor

configuringRBSU settings using xml (hponcfg | cpqlocfg)

Hi there

I am currently manually setting the following (by pressing f9 to enter the RBSU) just before i build boxes.

rbsu> SET CONFIG EMBEDDED SERIAL PORT 4
rbsu> SET CONFIG VIRTUAL SERIAL PORT 1
rbsu> SET CONFIG BIOS SERIAL CONSOLE PORT 3
rbsu> SET CONFIG BIOS SERIAL CONSOLE BAUD RATE 1
rbsu> SET CONFIG EMS CONSOLE 1
rbsu> SET CONFIG BIOS INTERFACE MODE 2
rbsu> SET CONFIG ASR STATUS 2

I am using cpqlocfg to send XML formatted instructions to the ILO to do all sorts of stuff and was wondering , is there a way to set RBSU parameters by doing the same thing ? i.e. formatting them somehow into an XML file and using cpqlocfg to apply it to the ILO?

any help on this would be greatly appreciated as doing this manually for every box build is a real pain

Cheers

2 REPLIES
Robert-Buck
Occasional Advisor

Re: configuringRBSU settings using xml (hponcfg | cpqlocfg)

Id like to revise my question slightly as it may have been a bit specific (hence no replies)

Rather than specifically using xml. Is there ANY way at all these rbsu steps can be automated in my builds ?.... I have hundreds of DL 580's to build and having to do the above steps manually each time adds significantly to the overall build time?

Any guidance on this would be fantastic, even if its somebody saying "nope, this cannot be automated", which im kind of preparing myself for :-)

cheers
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: configuringRBSU settings using xml (hponcfg | cpqlocfg)

You need the SmartStart Scripting Toolkit which allows you to package and apply BIOS and RAID configurations.

http://www.hp.com/servers/manage --> Insight Foundation for ProLiant