6317 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

conrep on Broadwell-EP

johannes_hofman
Occasional Visitor

conrep on Broadwell-EP

Hi,

using conrep I can dump the current BIOS config. However, there is no list of available values for each setting, e.g.

<Section name="QPI_Snoop_Configuration" helptext="Note: &quot;Standard&quot; is the same &quot;Home Snoop&quot;. This option allows for the configurations of different snoop modes that impact the QPI interconnect. Changing this option may improve performance in certain workloads.">Cluster_on_Die</Section>

How do I find out what setting to use for Home Snoop (Default, obviously) , Early Snoop, Home Snoop+DIR+OSB, etc.

Is there a list of all settings and their possible values?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
johannes_hofman
Occasional Visitor

Re: conrep on Broadwell-EP

I just found out that all values are listed in the conrep.xml file.

There's a slight problem, however. The conrep.xml file in the latest toolchain is from Dec 3, 2015. It doesn't include configuration options and settings for Broadwell-EP. Where can I get an up-to-date version of conrep.xml?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: conrep on Broadwell-EP

These values are shown in the latest shipping conrep.xml file

<Section name="QPI_Snoop_Configuration">
                <helptext><![CDATA[Note: "Standard" is the same "Home Snoop". This option allows for the configurations of different snoop modes that impact the QPI interconnect.  Changing this option may improve performance in certain workloads.]]></helptext>
                <ev>CQHQPI</ev>
                <length>1</length>
                <value id="0x00">Standard</value>
                <value id="0x01">Cluster_on_Die</value>
                <value id="0x02">Early_Snoop</value>
                <mask>0x03</mask>
                <byte>0</byte>
        </Section>

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!