ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753851 Members
7190 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: could not enable Network card even after installed driver

Jia Yu

could not enable Network card even after installed driver

I have an old Proliant DL 380 machine with Compaq brand on it. After i reinstalled the OS to windows server 2003, i download NIC driver from HP's website. The driver installation runs smoothly and the system can read its model, it's a 3136 or 31XX serials NIC.

However, on the device manger, both of NIC have a red error sign on them, the status shows disabled, when i right click it and tried to enable them, the status could not be changed.

I tried many drivers, only this driver can be installed and completed, so i am kind of sure that the driver is the right model.

Any help will be great appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Jia Yu

forgot to say that this server is a G1 server of DL 380 with Raid 6 disk array.

Thanks
Jia Yu

Does anyboy here can burn a driver disk for me, i would like to pay the money for this. The disk which with the server was lost by my predecessor.

Thank you.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

try this
psp-7.60.w2k3.i386.exe (78 MB)
part 4
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=254889&prodNameId=342841&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-0d468f8119764a869130bef9a1

and let me ask you
are you using this driver?
HP NC31xx Fast Ethernet NIC Driver for Windows Server 2003

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
RaMpaNTe
Trusted Contributor

Hi, the NIC card that comes with this server is: {Embedded Compaq NC3163 Fast Ethernet 10/100 PCI NIC with WOL (Wake on LAN)}

The driver you need to download is the following: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=254889&prodNameId=342841&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-6165f5ee11164fc59dbb13aebc

Before trying to install it do the following:

1) Go to the device manager and right click on the NIC device and select Uninstall

2) Go to Start > Programs > Accesories > System Tools > System Information.

3) On the left side click on the + sign to expand the menu > Click on the + sign to expand Network menu > click on adapter.

4) On the right page look for the
HP NC31xx Fast Ethernet NIC Driver location. Copy the driver location and then go to the folder where the driver resides and manually delete it.

5) Reboot the server and stop windows driver installation. If it prompts for you to choose the new driver cancel all request and get into windows, once there install the driver from the .exe file that you downloaded.

6) Reboot the server. By now you should be able to use the NIC card.

Thanks.

PS, see the attached screeenshot.
You heve a question... I have an aswer!!!
Jia Yu

Thank you guys very much, i appreciate all your help.

this forum is really a warm place to communicate, i will come here more often to help others.

I am a network/system administrator with 20 HP server on hands.

Thank you again.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hey hey Jia Yu

you are welcome anytime

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!