ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753288 Members
5826 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: cpq32fs2 error, Event ID: 11

Troy Wood

I just ran into the same problem on a Compaq Proliant 3000 when I upgraded the EMC Power Path software (the server is also connected to an EMC Sym 8530). When I reveved back down to Power Path 2.1, the problem went away. Any ideas Mark?

Thanks.
Troy Wood
Shannon Wyatt_1

I'm having the same problem. I thought that I solved it by moving the tape library (an SSL2020) to a different server. It worked for 1 week then it started with the error. These servers all have the latest drivers from Compaq.

Help!!!!
Shannon Wyatt_1

The problem I have is that once these errors start Backup Exec doesn't work at all. If it still worked I wouldn't necessarily mind the error. The servers that I've tried are ML530s. I've replaced the cables, so I doubt that it is a termination issue. Once this starts it takes me about a dozen or so reboots to get this thing working again.

Kind of sucks when you have over 20k in hardware and you can't get the library to work more then a few days without blowing up!!!!
Cody Payne

I am also getting this error after applying SP4 to my Win2K server. I have a Compaq StorageWorks TL891 Tape Library attached to this server..and now getting errors in the Event Logs and Veritas BackUpExec no longer can find the drive. If I look in the System Devices it shows up just fine. I have tried to apply HP's SoftPaq with no changes to the behavior.

Help would be appreciated.
Eryka

Ok, as for the backup not working i had that problem after installing, and for some reason it changed the drive id to hp1 instead of the original hp0, but i still get the error 11 which I do not know how to remove, though everything is functioning well now.
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Hi all,

A general remark to anyone in this discussion.
To reset these errors: switch off/on your hardware. A reboot often isn't sufficient enough !!!!

If you have the luxury of a spare scsiport, try your device at the other port and see what happens.

Good luck,

Leon
Bill Douglas_4

I am having the same problem. Same sever, same o\s, with a 9 tape autoloader. Most of the time I get the same message. Once and a while I will get no message and it will work fine. ( The tape drive ) Most of the time it does not work. Did you happen to solve this problem????
Andrew Teslicko

IN our case, just updating the driver in Device Manger automatically found and updated the driver. Looks like Microsoft took the issue on by windows 2003 server. This was on a proliant 1600 yet still. Remarkable!!