I continue to receive the following error on one of our ML530's:
Event ID: 11.
Event Time: 02/06/03 16:27:18
Error.
Event User: N/A.
Event Source: cpq32fs2.
Event Detail: The driver detected a controller error on
\Device\Scsi\cpq32fs21.

The fix I read from Compaq is for Windows NT, but this system is running Windows 2000. Does anyone know which SoftPaq will fix this in 2000?
27 REPLIES 27
Theo Hill_1
Honored Contributor

Re: cpq32fs2 error, Event ID: 11

You should always be using the latest softpaq's. Does the error only occur on boot? I would suggest reinstalling all SCSI drivers.
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Hi Vince,
Do you have a Tape drive internal to the server? This could be a termination issue for the DLT/Tape drive.

Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Alex Hose
Advisor

Hi Mark,
What do you mean by termination issue for the tape drive?

BTW: I am also having the same problem on my Proliant 6500.

Thanks

Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

I have seen in the past where a point to point cable is being used for the tape drive as opposed to a terminated cable. Also some tape/DLT drives have an active terminator directly on the back of the drive.

Mark
Vince Ingram

This system does have an internal AIT-35 drive installed. I will check its termination. I have another server with an identical configuration, but this error does not occur on it. It is possible that they have different cables though. I'll check this. Thanks for all of your input.
Daniel Leblanc_1

i have also the same problem with a Proliant 1600 and a DDS4 Autoloader (5713a)...Event 11 message:The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Scsi\cpq32fs22.

how can i resolve this error??

Thanks alll
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Hi Daniel,
There are three things you can try.
First is to update the CPQ32FS2 driver.
Second is to make sure you are using a terminated cable but this all depends on the backup drive you are using. ie: does it have an active terminator on the drive?
The next one will be to change the cpq32fs2 driver to Symbios C810 driver. Now before you do this you have to make sure you are booting off a Smart Array controller and NOT the on-board SCSI. If you are botting off the on-board and change the driver you will Blue Screen and have to rebuild from scratch.

Mark
Albert Chin

Hi I'm also getting the following error message:
Event ID: 11
Source: sonysdx-VRTS
Type: Error
category: None

The description for Event ID ( 11 ) in Source ( sonysdx-VRTS ) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): \Device\Tape0.

Safe to assume I should try the same steps as listed above?
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Hi ALbert,
Yes, you can give the above a try.
Please please be aware that this only applies to the older servers, 1600, 2500,etc.
Make sure you are booting off a Smart Array controller and NOT the on-board SCSI. Unless you like to rebuild from scratch.

Mark