cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cpq32fs2

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

cpq32fs2

How can i fix the problem with a proliant 3000 and 1600. We have the event id 11 source : cpq32fs2 on scsiport2 and we have the Compaq SSD version 2.18
Thanks
5 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: cpq32fs2

I have the same problem with a PL3000. I changed, exactly I added the SCSI drivers in control panel: symc810 (by the NT4.0 OS installed driver) than reboot (!) and remove the cpq32fs2 driver, reboot -> the event id11 stops in the event viewer.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Gee..

I just run a forum search for "cpq32fs2" under "proliant" and I found the error all over the place.

I'm beginning to suspect of driver itself.

on or Roger, any forecast for some solution coming from Compaq? Sorry for being so straight forward, but my boss is asking for answers...

Regards,

Julio
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

No easy fix...

Depends on what you have attached to the controller and how. If there's nothing attached, don't load it (it WILL error out). Depends on the driver itself (corruption is possible) and how it was loaded. If you installed a service pack, reinstall the driver. Sometimes you have to go so far as to actually completely remove the driver (delete in physically) and reload it to fix these issues.

Then there is the issue of the OS itself... NT (and Win2K) both tend to poll the SCSI bus and NOT wait long enough for the devices attached to respond. There is no way (that I know of) to adjust the polling interval or timeout settings in either OS. If you only see this error during startup and it doesn't happen any other time, there should be nothing to worry about.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have the same problem on 4 Compaq servers running with Raid drives. On all Servers we get either "The device, \Device\SCSIPort3, is not ready for access yet." or "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\ScsiPort3." Unfortunately i haven't been able to find an answer and being in the Health service we are concerned that it may be a problem the Raid. None of the servers seem to have a problem so it could be that nothing is connected to that Port, but how do you find out.

Please help
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Yep I have the same problem on Compaq 6400R and DL380 Servers. They are using the same driver. Not sure what to do as it seems to be intermittant. When it is a problem the Arcserve software does not detect what tapes are loaded in the magazine.