1748180 Members
4159 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: cpq32fs21 Error

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

cpq32fs21 Error

I have a ProLiant ML370 with Compaq DDS4 20/40 GB DAT drive. -using Veritas Backup exec ver. 8.5. I have noticed for a long time this message in the event viewer.

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Scsi\cpq32fs21.

Can u please help me resolve this issue. I understand it is a known problem and that we may need softpaq to resolve this.

This is urgent. Thanks!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the same damn problem. I don't know wtf is going on with this unit. I actually have a dual drive SSL 2020. After about 10 minutes I get a service start error on scsi bus 1. I tried to update but I didn't need to because I had the most recent scsi driver on there so that isn't the problem. I am using 8.6

M2k
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I was also getting same error recently on Compaq DL370 with TN 4.0 server, I tried everything to get rid of this error but no luck and problem found with bad SCSI cable, after replacing cable it is working now (with crossing my figures!!!!)...
Try it...
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Yeah I think that you hit it right on the nose with the cable. I remember not getting this error with only one drive connected in my SSL 2020. Once I hooked everything back up it all worked fine.

Thanks for your reply

Peace Bro

Romans 6:23
M2k