cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cpqRIIS problem

vael
Occasional Visitor

cpqRIIS problem

Hi The service cpqRIIS cannot restart.When i try to restart the service, I get this error: "Could not start HP Proliant Rack Infrastructure Service service on Local Computer. The service did not resturn an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator"
and in the window event viewer appears this error: " The initialization process failed".
The system is a ProLiant BL20p G4 with windows 2000 SP4

thanks in advance!
7 REPLIES
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: cpqRIIS problem

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Install the latest version of PSP as well;
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/27534.html

As a workaround when updating the Rack Infrastructure Interface Service is not a viable option, add the HP ProLiant Rack Infrastructure Interface Service to the "opt out" list for DEP. This allows the services to operate, while DEP protects the remainder of the system. Perform the following steps to add the services to the "opt out" list:

1. Right-click on "My Computer" and select the Properties page.
2. On the Properties page, select the "Advanced" tab, and click on the "Settings" button in the "Performance" section.
3. On the Performance Options page, select the "Data Execution Prevention" tab.
4. Use the "Add" button on this page to add the affected services to the opt out list.
5. Click "OK" on each of the pages when finished and reboot the system.

Note: The HP ProLiant Rack Infrastructure Interface Service executable, CPQRIIS.EXE, is located in the SYSTEM32 subdirectory of the Windows installation.

Another option is to modify the "/NoExecute" switch in the Windows BOOT.INI file. The table below defines the four system-wide configurations for both hardware-enforced and software-enforced DEP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875352

James.
vael
Occasional Visitor

Ok Thanks so much! When will be possibile I will try it
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Sure, Let us know if this helped you !!

James.
vael
Occasional Visitor

Hi James

I'm come back. I have tried to install the previous patchs for then restart the server but cpqriis cannot start. The operating system on the server is windows 2000 so it doesn't have DEP. Do you have another ideas that why this service cannot restart ?

Thanks in advance
Manolo_Forastiere
Occasional Visitor

Hi I have same problem as vael on 2 server. Cpqriis don't start and event log show this error: "The inizialization process filed.".

I have other twin server with same application same patch etc. and cpqriis is started. I'm in trouble and can not understand what is meaning of this state.

tnx in advance for any answer.