New Discussion юеВ

Re: cpqacuxe on RHEL 4/5

Rabie Van der Merwe
Occasional Advisor

cpqacuxe on RHEL 4/5

I am trying to get cpqacuxe to start but it fails with the following errors:
---snip---
[root@cptxen01 ~]# cpqacuxe -R
ps: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Can not run because of HP System Management Homepage is not started or uninstalled.
Please try to use /etc/init.d/hpsmhd start to start it.
---snip---
The libraries are there, glibc is installed. I am running PSP 7.90 both on RHEL 4 and 5.
When I try http://host:2301 (as refered to in the docs) I get redirected to the https://host:2381 I then login there, but cpqacuxe is not availible, I can see the array controllers config, but I cant change it.

Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Ok, when you log into the system management homepage, there should be a link to the HP Array Configuration utility. Try klinching it ;)

If it doesnot help, just download the latest Proliant Support Pack, install it (or reinstall it) and everything will be fine.

Regards,
Rabie Van der Merwe
Occasional Advisor

Nope, I have done many PSP installs on a couple of our servers RHEL 4 and 5 PSP ver 7.70 7.80 and 7.90 I have never had a link that allows me to configure the Smart Array controller, I can only view the config even though I am logged in as root, unless I am missing some permissions thing somewhere ... I can however change the SNMP settings and some BIOS stuff, so I think I have the right permissions.
Yayat
Frequent Advisor

Hi Rabie,

I have the same problem persist, how is the solution in the end ? when I start CPQACUXE it said HP SMH not started, even the SMH is started and can be accessed.