5794 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

cpqasm event 4111 - EAAS Restart Issue

BeeRad_1
Occasional Contributor

cpqasm event 4111 - EAAS Restart Issue

Hello All,

First of all, I've had a good read of most threads I could find on this topic and I don't believe that this question has been answered yet!

Had an issue recently where an AC failure caused one of our servers to overheat and initiate an EAAS Over Critial Temp Shutdown. The shutdown went according to plan... except that it wasn't really a shutdown, but a restart!

The box kept restarting, figuring out it was too hot, sending the restart, restarting, figuring it was still too hot, restarting...

What I'm after is a way to change this EAAS "restart" into a shutdown, so that if the temperature exceeds the critical temperature, the box shuts down and STAYS down until someone assesses the situation and determines that it's OK to restart it.

Here are some of the event log entries:

===================================

### ENTRY 1 ###

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: cpqasm
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4120
Date: 13/01/2008
Time: 12:02:43 PM
User: N/A
Computer: XXXXXXXX
Description:
The temperature (thermal sensor #1) of the system has exceeded the threshold.

### ENTRY 2 ###

Event Type: Error
Event Source: cpqasm
Event ID: 4111
Time: 12:02:43 PM
User: N/A
Description:
Environment Abnormality Auto Shutdown (EAAS) initiated due to thermal reasons, either resulting from the system overheating, or from the loss of cooling.

### ENTRY 3 ###

Event Type: Information
Event Source: USER32
Event ID: 1074
Time: 12:03:29 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
The process winlogon.exe has initiated the restart of computer FP01 on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown
Reason Code: 0x80070000
Shutdown Type: restart
Comment: HP ProLiant System Shutdown Service: System is too hot or has lost cooling.

===================================

So... is there a way of changing that shutdown type from "restart" in Event Log #3 to shutdown to achieve my goal?

Thanks in Advance,
Tim
1 REPLY 1
BeeRad_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: cpqasm event 4111 - EAAS Restart Issue

Duplicate Posting - please ignore.