1753913 Members
9070 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

cpqasm2 error 4111

David Borg

cpqasm2 error 4111

I recently received cpqasm error 4111 in system log - "Environment Abnormality Auto Shutdown (EAAS) initiated due to thermal reasons, either resulting from the system overheating, or from the loss of cooling."

The system did not shut down. What does this message mean? What action should I take?
8 REPLIES 8
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Re: cpqasm2 error 4111

cpqasm in the system management/heath driver and part of its function is to monitor the system temperature. The message indicates that a thermal event occurred in the system.

What is the model of the server?

As the system did not shut down it could be a false error - try updating the BIOS and the management driver on the server.
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
David Borg

Thanks Vijay. Computer is a Proliant ML350G4. Ambient temperature was around 34C over the period the errors were registered but I would expect the PC should be able to cope with this.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi David,

Have a look in the Integrated Management Log (IML) to see if any fan or overtemp conditions have been registered recently.

Start-Programs-HP System Tools-IML viewer.

You may see a buildup to the problem over a period of time.

Brian

Jasmina Bian

I received this error also, and the Server DID restart!!

I checked the FAN is OK and the temperature of the room is just 17 degree, it's cool enough....

does anybody know what I can do or what I can check?
Jasmina Bian

and I checked the CIMLV, it does show there is "system overheating (Zone 2, Location CPU, Temperature 73C)"

but why?
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

ok you install the latest firmwares so do you have the latest PSP?

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

and also
"Open System Management Homepage(SMH) select Environment under System and it will give you the complete information on Temperature Sensors and Fault Tolerant Fans. Based on that informed replace any fan if it has failed."

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Justin WEbb_1

Is this an HP Specific error or is this a Windows generated error number? I'm doing a little research and ran across this. The error is in regard to RAID, and thermal could be a cause with RAID errors.

Thanks,

Justin