1753768 Members
4803 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: d360 g2 - no beep, no video but powers up

brc_1

d360 g2 - no beep, no video but powers up

can anyone help?
we have a fault with our d360 g2, it will swich on showing grn health & pwr leds but gives no video or post beeps.
have reseated processor & ram, cleared cmos.
there is a bank of leds marked 'pal led 0-7' - leds 2, 6 & 7 are grn all others are off. there are a couple of other grn leds on board cr1 & 2 but no ambers or red. Fans stay at high spd for about 3 mins before slowing down but still same symptoms.

any help would be most appreciated
thanks
4 REPLIES 4
brc_1

anyone?
the server is used as part of a mobile search & rescue vehicle for gps tracking of searchers, being a vehicle fit it is subject to a lot of shock.

I have reseated all the obvious but it made no difference, it appears serviceable in all respects (LEDs)except no post, any ideas would be most welcome.
thanks
Daniel Arrieta
Frequent Advisor

it could just be a burnt video port, can you see video on the server through the RILOE remote console? does it respond to ping?
brc_1

cheers daniel,

you'll have to be patient here, i am an electronic systems eng maintaining this gear for a charity, although i have worked on many equipment processor systems this proliant is new to me. i am not familiar with the riloe port so if you could step me thru it that would be great.

if you susepect the vga adaptor could i disable it with one of the dip switches on board? the system should then at least boot thru post and give some sort of 'beep' on completion. one thing i did do yesterday was take out (one at a time) one of the 2 dimms. when i did this it appeared to do a post with beeps but i also got amber leds. with both back in i get grns but no post.

thanks
brc_1

...sorry folks it is a G3, not a G2.
I have now reseated everyboard proved both power supplies, run it min config, cleared cmos & nvram but still same symptoms. If anyone does have an idea what the debug leds in my first post signify i would be gratefull, there is no reference to these in any of the manuals. I cannot get access thru the ilo port either.

thanks