6586 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

disable HBA

epazst
Occasional Visitor

disable HBA

Hi experts,

I have "ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Server" . I wonder if there is a way that I can disable HBA port on it from CLI ( not going into BIOS). is that possible?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: disable HBA

Hello,

Please share the FC HBA card detail to find the commands.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

epazst
Occasional Visitor

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. I am having trouble finding it ( or maybe I don't know how !). is there a generic/ basic one I can lookup ? is that in any document you can refer me to ?
Thanks
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

You can see the HBA detail from the ILO home page.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

epazst
Occasional Visitor

Thanks experts for your effort. 

The intentions is to know how to disbale a HBA card with having to have local intervention ( e.g. pulling out cables ) . Thank you for the iLo tip but , and that is not a secret, iLo is not the most fiendly access that be used to get any details. 

Sorry to be that pushy  , but I am sure that HP Troubleshooting process must have that as a basic step ( i believe).

If not, then bad luck

Thanks again

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Without complete information, we unable to share the proper information.

If you need support, you have to share the complete information.

Because the server uses a different model of FC HBA card hence unable to share proper information. or troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo

epazst
Occasional Visitor

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your inputs ( so far)

As I tried to explain, accessing the iLo GUI is not avaialble to at this point of time, however, I can access the shell !

Is the info you want possible to get from shell level?

Thanks