7025 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: disable embedded VGA-Card

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

disable embedded VGA-Card

Hi,

I guess I'm stupid, but I fail to disable the embedded GA-Cardbecause IIreceive Errors after installing the Remote Insight Lights Out Board! I get to entries for an AAT-Graphicdapter in the SySystem propertiesand of this entry gets an Exclemationmark (wwrongspelling?), even if IIinstall the right driver.
It doesn't matter if IIuse the DIP-Switch nor the Systempartition.

Any help for me??

Thx,

Joerg
5 REPLIES 5
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Did you set SW1 - switch 1 to "ON" (you have to physically disable the video controller)? Check the label inside the system's cover for the location of this switch.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi Ron,

yes, that's what I mean when I wrote that I use the DIP-Switch. But the Error still occurs that I get entries in my StartUp-EventLog and the Systemproperties still shows me two Adapters. I already make an update of the Rompaq to the newest avaible Version 11-08-00.

Any further suggestions??

Best regards,

Joerg
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Well, you are not stupid. I also experience the same problem. Followed the manual in disabling the embedded card by setting the DIP switch but what ever I do it still pops up everywhere (in Systempartition info and Win2K). I also tried an work around that was available for WinNT but that didn't solve my problem either. This basicaly means I'm stuck with an 640/480 resolution. An workable solution would very much appreciated also by me! Many thanks in advance.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I've spent the entire day troubleshooting this problem but have resolved it. Disable the embedded video controller and move the LightsOut board to the 32-bit PCI slot. Its a tight fit being a full length card and the motherboard cables though. The embedded video controller will still appear in the Device Manager but a small price for the higher video resolutions. :)
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hi again,

just to give you a "solution"! After I'd talked directly with Compaq, they doublecheck the problem and moves it forward to Microsoft. As Windows 2000 got Plug & Pray, sorry Plug & Play :-)), it detects the embedded VGA-Card even if it's diabled. So the only "Solution" according to Compaq is to disable the VGA-Card after Windows 2000 is installed in the Systemproperties manually.

Hopefully this id helpful for you,

Joerg