108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: disable onboard B140i controller on DL20

SOLVED
Go to solution
net_tech
Occasional Advisor

disable onboard B140i controller on DL20

Is there a way to disable Dynamic Smart Array B140i controller on a DL20 Gen 9 server?

the controller is not being used and ever time the server boots up it throws a warning about an unconfigured controller.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: disable onboard B140i controller on DL20 Gen9

Press F9 during POST to enter 'System Utilities' then select System Configuration -  BIOS /Platform COnfiguration (RBSU) -  PCI Device Enable/Disable - Embedded SATA Controller #1  : Dynamic Smart Array B140i  8 port  -  Press Enter, select disable

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
net_tech
Occasional Advisor

Thank you

VersionWeekly

Thankssssss..................... :-)

BulletMissile
Occasional Visitor

Thanks!

FYI - I had to do this to enable the B140i in order to get HPE SSA working. I disabled the B140i since I have an p840 card, but SSA would not run with the B140i disabled. It just tried loading the entire time. 

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@BulletMissile wrote:

Thanks!

FYI - I had to do this to enable the B140i in order to get HPE SSA working. I disabled the B140i since I have an p840 card, but SSA would not run with the B140i disabled. It just tried loading the entire time. 

I've never found having the Dynamic Smart Array disabled caused an issue with running SSA.  I'd recommend you call HPE support and log a case reporting this issue

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
DOSNET
Occasional Visitor

My server is HP Prolient ML150 Gen 9

How to fix : embedded storage dynamic smart array b140i sata optical drive 1 configuration required