5215 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: disable onboard scsi

Sen_6
Super Advisor

disable onboard scsi

Hi,
how can i disable the onboard scsi controller of Proliant ML530 ?
thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

1. Access the F9 ROM-Based Setup Utility during POST
2. Select PCI DEVICES from the first menu
3. Select each PCI Embedded Compaq SCSI, pressing on this device displays a pop-up menu that includes a DISABLE option.
4. DISABLE the desired devices.
5. back, then F10 to save & exit.
Sen_6
Super Advisor

is it necessary to disable the onboard scsi if i am using a scsi card controller?
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Sen,

do you mean you are adding a SCSI card in to the server ?

It depends if you plan to boot from that add on SCSI card then or not. It also depends if that add on SCSI card has a BIOS on it that allows you to boot it as it could change/influence the boot order (depends on PCI slot number and SETUP settings in the server).

So you'll have to explain how and what you use this add on SCSI card for first in order for us to give an exact answer on this question.

If you are just booting the Operating System from the onboard SCSI and use the add on card for a tape drive i.e. or some other external (nonboot) device, then their is no need to disable the onboard SCSI.

HTH

Kris
Sen_6
Super Advisor

i hope to use the add on SCSI card to boot windows 2000 which is currently connected to the onboard scsi.
what should i do?
Sen_6
Super Advisor

btw, i do not see F9 ROM-Based Setup Utility during POST ??
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

I have replied to your question about moving from integrated SCSI to Smart Array in the other ITRC thread you have...

What options do you see during POST? What function keys?
Sen_6
Super Advisor

i only have "F10" system partition utility
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Sen,
Just go to F10, Then hold down the control key and hit A which would enable the Advanced mode. Thereafter look for onboard SCSI controller. Once you highlight it then hit Enter. This should give you Enable/Disable option.

Regards,