5581 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: dl 760 power

SOLVED
Go to solution
bill logue

dl 760 power

dl760 power supply no longer redundant chassis 0.
help
light green on PS box looks good.

Thanks Big Bill
;-)
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

What voltage used? 210v ?
Insight agent Up to date?
System management Driver?
System ROM?

Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Bill,

If you have added components recently and you are running on 110 Volt supply you may have exceeded the total power capability of the server. Here is a quote from the DL760 quickspec.

Power Supply
Two Redundant Hot Plug 1150/500-Watt power supplies per system. Power supplies are load sharing and provide 1150 Watts of Redundant power for 220 volt input or 500 Watts of Redundant power for 110 volt input.

NOTE: To ensure redundancy of server power, HP recommends that 200-240 VAC power be used for all deployments. This will ensure that both power supplies can support up to their maximum configurations, and remain in a redundant power supply state.
NOTE: A maximum of two power supplies are supported.

Brian
Andrew_346
Regular Advisor

Bill,

I had this same problem with my DL760G2 that runs on 110V. HP Engineering has released the CPQASM driver v3.57 (not currently on public release) and this has relaxed the thresholds for alerts on redundancy lost. They setup my exact environment and realized that the PS never lost redundancy, just fell below thresholds that are hardcoded into the driver.

Contact HP support and request CQPASM 3.57. They may give you some flack, just ask to be escalated.

I have been instructed not to release the driver on my own. I assume it will be publicly released or atleast be mentioned in an Advisory soon.

Good luck and get that bad boy on 208V anyway. The new datacenter I am migrating servers over to I've run all 208V power. Servers run MUCH cooler, PSes do less work, and you consume much less amperage. With the power that even the 1U servers are taking now, 110-120V 20-30A is just not a viable solution for datacenters anymore.