3629 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: dl145 g2 and windows 2003 enterprise x64

SOLVED
Go to solution
todd verstraten

dl145 g2 and windows 2003 enterprise x64

I have installed the OS and am trying to install the correct drivers for the nics. i have tried the drivers on the cd shipped with the machines and the response on installation is that the hardware is not present or its for the wrong machine. i have tried all versions for x64 on the cd and all versions for the 32bit version as well. i have downloaded the current drivers from the web site and received the same result with them.

one specific example is:

i open the support cd and using the "auto open" site i navigate to the x64 version of the built in broadcom NIC. when i try to run it, it indicates its the broadcom 5721 built in ethernet. the response i get is "The image file .... is valid but is for a machine type other than the current machine".
10 REPLIES 10
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor
Jaragon
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Go to www.broadcom.com download nic drivers for the 5700 chipset x64 it should do the trick perfectly for ya!!
todd verstraten

i had considered that and did not want to do that initially (thanks for suggesting it). i was hoping to find out why the drivers shipped did not work. since i have not gotten an answer to that yet i went ahead and got the drivers for the nic direct from broadcom as suggested.

anyone have an idea where i can get the one for the system interrupt controller?
Jaragon
Frequent Advisor

yes that's the system board driver in the CD, or the intel link that was posted before
Jaragon
Frequent Advisor

please disregard the post above
Jaragon
Frequent Advisor

have you tried the AMD driver in the CD??

are you running SP1 already
todd verstraten

yes and yes.
Jaragon
Frequent Advisor

todd verstraten

thats seems to work. thanks.