1751943 Members
5051 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: dl320g5

fin_1

dl320g5

Hi,

I have two systems, fitted with an e200 drive controller board. The trouble i'm having is that on both, even before the e200 were inserted, the system never got pass the iLO stage (i can configure ok). I tried pressing F9, which it registers by stating "F9 pressed", but it just sits there, and I even cannot boot off cd either...

thanks for your time.

fin
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi fin

so you can configure ilo OK.
so now you mean you can get into BIOS

what you can do is CLEAR NVRAM.

procedure
1. Power down the server.
2. Remove the server cover.
3. Locate the System Maintenance Switch(see picture attached), position S6, and move the switch to the "On" position.
4. Power the server back on until Power-On Self-Test begins.
5. After POST has started, power-cycle the server off.
6. Move the System Maintenance Switch back to the "Off" position.
7. Replace the server cover and power on the system. The server will boot normally.

----------
also check battery in server is properly seated

-------
something else
if you don't press you can not boot from CD or the F9 message sits there too?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
fin_1

karlo,

thanks - i tried that - it says ilo2 security disabled. but i still cannot enter the RBSU (F9). It passes the Ilo config and the e200 config, then just sits there. I left it for 30mins. It does not boot off the v8.10 firmware cd (it does work because i used it on other servers straight after).

rgds

fin
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

did you try number posistion 6? since position 1 is for ilo security(so the message you are getting) and number 6 is to clear NVRAM.

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
fin_1

OK.

I cleared nvram using s6 and powered on. It redetects the memory and disks, but in the end same result, hangs after the Ilo stage. I have even tried disabling Ilo completely, but i makes no difference.

We think that the bios is corrupt and that the boot process is not completing. Pressing F9 still does not work. We will be requesting a DOA ref. number to get our supplier for replacements.

rgds

fin