4894 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: dl360 g6 problem when install windows xp sp2 eng

Marco Astegiano
Advisor

dl360 g6 problem when install windows xp sp2 eng

hi,

for using industry is necessary to install windows xp sp2 in my server dl360g6 but my server don't boot.

at the windows logo restart unexpectly and it's impossible solve the problem.

during the normal installation the installer notify the error in the file hpcisss32.sys is impossible to find, but in my installer cd the file is good

i'm restore the server from image to virtual machine and use acronis true image with universal restore, but at the windows logo restart and do not start windows

we have an idea????

thancks
4 REPLIES 4
Marco Astegiano
Advisor

the controller in the server is smart array p410i with 2 disk sas 146Gb
Alborz-Mahmoodi
Frequent Advisor

HI,
If you search in the software matrix for DL380 G6 you can find the Windows XP is not in this list .
Yungpei Fu

Hi,
Is this issue solved?
My DL360G6 has same issue.
It can't find hpcisss2.sys during install.

Murali_V
HPE Pro

Hi,

Yes, as mentioned by Alborz-Mahmoodi desktop operating systems are not tested with ProLiant servers. However, p410i controller is used in some workstation servers and i found drives for windows XP and Vista. Though I have not tried the installation, you may try the manual installation from the OS CD and provide these drivers.

HP Smart Array P410i Controller - Download drivers and software:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3902575тМй=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3902574&taskId=135

"Installation:
Download the Smart Component to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The downloaded file is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the Smart Component Number.

The extracted files are used on a floppy drive to assist in landing the drive controller drivers during an XP installation. "

Regards,
Murali Mohan
Was this post useful?

Accept or Kudo