1753454 Members
6160 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: dl360 g6 ultrium 4 tape problem

martymcfly1955
Advisor

dl360 g6 ultrium 4 tape problem

I have a dl360 g6 with windows 2008 server installed.  It has a pair have emulex a8002a hba's which lead into a storage works san.  One of the devices on the san is a ultrium 4 tape drive inside a msl 4048 tape library.  We use hp data protector for backups.  I recently installed proliant service pack 9.1 on the server and can no longer do backups.  The exact verbage of the error I get when I try to perform any operation on the tape is ...

Cannot write to device ([1450] Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service

... backups, format, etc all throw the same error.  The library appears to functioning correctly as I can see it pulling the tapes from the correct slots and inserting it into the drive.  I've backrev'ed the driver for the ultrium but still get the same error.  I haven't reverted the emulexes yet but I'm don't have a whole lot a confidence that it will do any good either.

lt&t tape tests are a bit inconclusive.  The tests fail but when you hit the analysis drop down it doesn't really say on exactly what. 

5 REPLIES 5
martymcfly1955
Advisor

6.11 ...... yes ..... I know its unsupported, but it worked fine up until the psp.  Checking those links now.  Thanks!

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> I recently installed proliant service pack 9.1

Why not the current SPP 2013.09?

http://www.hp.com/go/spp

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
martymcfly1955
Advisor

I honestly didn't know the psp's had been replaced by the spp until after googling a bit after the problems.  Hpsum with ftp checked seemed to update all my drivers to the latest versions.  Is there any value in throwing spp on top of it now?

martymcfly1955
Advisor

From what I can tell, these registry entries are only relevant to 2k and 2k3.  From what I'm googling, they no longer apply to 2k8?