cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dl360 hard drive lights do not light up at all

Jim Maul_1
Occasional Visitor

dl360 hard drive lights do not light up at all

I have a bunch of dl360 G5 servers that all work fine except for 1 where the hard drive lights do not light up at all. The server works fine and the OS sees the drives but the lights never come on. It has 2 drives in a mirrored setup. The only difference between this server and all the others is that this one is running linux (centos5) and all the others are running windows server. Since the machine works fine its not that big of a deal but im curious why this might happen. Anyone have any ideas?
3 REPLIES
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: dl360 hard drive lights do not light up at all

hi

since you have multiples Dl360 G5 as I understood can you swap HDD backplane? and test

Regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Jim Maul_1
Occasional Visitor

I can try that, but not at the moment since the machine is live. I will have to schedule downtime to be able to make the swap.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Jim,

Try booting from the Smartstart CD and running ACU if Centos 5 doesn't have an ACU utility. When the controller is selected all lights on the drives should be on. Viewing in Physical Mode in ACU will allow you to select an individual drive to check the lights work too.

It may be a backplane or controller issue in the end but this is an easy test without replacing hardware.

Regards,

Brian