cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dl380-g2 101 i/o rom error

sarados
Occasional Visitor

dl380-g2 101 i/o rom error

After post and after correctly seeing the logical volume of 2 SCSI hdd on 5i smart array then an error :101 i/o rom error appears . Any sugestions ? thanks in advance
5 REPLIES
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: dl380-g2 101 i/o rom error

pull all components out: all HDD, all PCI card - Clear NVRAM, see if Problem still stay
see if you can Update System ROM

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/index.html
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

pull riser out to reset 5i module
sarados
Occasional Visitor

i ve tried almost everything . Batery, riser, disabling 5i controller, switch 6 for configuration, no respond to F9, no boot effort, no floppy or cd access . the mustyrious is that till the error appears all is working . rom , ram is detected correctly. F8 is working console for 5i is working , logical drive is detected and disk detection also is working correctly . Is there something else that i can check or try ?
sarados
Occasional Visitor

It seems that there is a bios version that corrects the hanging after this message occurs. But i have to boot or replace the flash with one working . The problemis that server denies to boot .Any sugestions ? thanks in advance .

There is an identical working server close by that i can access certain hours of the day .Is it poccible to use something from this server ?
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

So if Problem still stay when 5i Controller pulled out and Interlock disabled for 5i try to RUN disaster recovery for system ROM
Enable Switch 1,4,5,6 at system maintenance switch box see User Guide for more info

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/20884.html

However chases are low
If you pull Keyboard & mouse what happened?