ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1745809 Members
3733 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: dl380 > linux > management processor?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

dl380 > linux > management processor?

Hi,

On the RX integrity series and on the RP hpux series servers you can access the management shells to diagnose and reboot the servers remotely.

I have a DL380 hanging (no crash dump) and need to remote restart it. At the moment I need to drive 200 kms to power cycle it.

How do I configure/access the Management Processor so this can be done remotely.

Thanks,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
7 REPLIES 7
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Bill,

if the server is a G3 it has an Integrated Lights-Out (ILO). This allows you to remotely power on/off the server, among other things. If it's an older DL380 (G2 or G1), you would need a Remote Insight Lights-Out Board (PCI) to do the same.

To configure it, you should see a prompt to press F8 during POST. There you can set network parameters, login details, etc.

To use it, you just browse to the ILO, login, and in your case use the Virtual Power Button Feature to power cycle the server.

Regards,
Stephen
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

how do you browse to the ILO once it's configured.
It works for me (tm)
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

sorry the box is a brand new DL580.. should be the same..
It works for me (tm)
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

just browse to the ip-address or name of the iLO (no extra port numbers or anything). It should then redirect you to a secure login page. The admin login details for the iLO are on a tag hanging on one of the thumb-screws on the front of the server (or maybe a label on the side). Both username and password are case sensitive.

Stephen
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If you just want to restart then you can use the Option of ILO or WEb agents on the same server to do the same.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Larry Greenup

I also have a DL380 but mis-configured the ilo and now don't see the F8 option when the server turns on. Anyone know how to turn it back on?

Thanks.
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

answer above
It works for me (tm)