4633 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: dl385p gen8 can´t boot

Nelson Chamba
Regular Advisor

dl385p gen8 can´t boot

Dear all,

I´m facing serious problem, i configured a VSphere 5.1 on DL 385p Gen8. I was mounting a storage volume and i restarted the phisical server in order to have the volume visible on one of the virtual machines. after that the server is not booting anymore.

When i press the boot butom it gets orange blinking and the power supply led start flash in RED. Nothing else happen what can be the problem? I can´t see anything on the monitor, the HDD leads doesn´t have any light.

Please help,

Nelson Chamba\

4 REPLIES 4
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

> When i press the boot button it gets orange blinking

This means generally "there is a problem, look for other indications".

> and the power supply led start flash in RED

Bad power supply, or perhaps bad incoming power (e.g. brown-out = insufficient voltage).

Looks like your power supply may have failed. Often a power supply gets the most strain at boot time, when it needs to provide power to all the system board power capacitors (inrush current) and start up all the disks and fans.

MK
Nelson Chamba
Regular Advisor

Dear Matti,

I have a spare machine can i take the HDD and insert on that machine and boot? It will work?

regards,
nelson\
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Swap the power supply, not the HDD.

MK
Nelson Chamba
Regular Advisor

Hi dear I did it already still the same. I opened a ticket with HP and they sent the techies here, they will supply a new motherboard.

Thanks for the help.
regards,
Nelson\