1753903 Members
9318 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

drive array controller failure (slot 0)

nasprok
Occasional Visitor

Several days ago, I replaced the internal battery of the BBWC for the Smart Array P410i controller since I was getting messages in the log of the insight agent that the previous battery was depleted.

Error Code:  capacitor-based cache module capacitor failed to charge 

After the replacement, the server (HP DL360 G7) booted, and still works, just fine but ever since although the HP System Management reports that the overall system health is OK, every 14-20 hours I get in the Intergraded management log the following msg

I' m guessing that the problem is with the BBWC module but did any of you seen anything like this before? Can I just ignore the message since the system health is OK? Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Re: drive array controller failure (slot 0)

Hi @nasprok

Upgrading the firmware of HP Smart Array P410i controller to 6.60 (or higher) resolve the issue. if problem persist, replace the cache module.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

nasprok
Occasional Visitor

Thank you very much for your suggestion and fast reply. So, is it a known issue?

I will try to upgrade the firmware as soon as possible. This server is in production so it is really hard to schedule down time for the update. That's the reason I asked if I can ignore the message, at least for a while. Is it possibe to guide me to the documentation and firmware download page? 

Is it the following?

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_00b8fc2277334ff486e0034ec6

Thanks again!

Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi @nasprok

Installation steps as follows..

Reboot Requirement:
Reboot is required after installation for updates to take effect and hardware stability to be maintained.

Installation:
To update firmware from Windows operating system on target server:

• Place the Smart Component in a temporary directory.
  • Double-click on the Smart Component.
  • Follow the directions given by the Smart Component.
  • Reboot your system if you would like the update to take effect immediately.

To use HP Smart Update Manager from the HP Service Pack for ProLiant :

• Place the desired firmware to be updated in the directory, \SPP20xxxxx\hp\swpackages
  • Locate Start.html which is found in the root of the ISO
  • Open the html file in a supported browser
  • Follow the instructions on the screen

[Note: broken link updated/removed by Mod]

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

HayatuddeenKT
Occasional Visitor

Hello, 

Nice To meet You,

Pls can you expalin to me in details how to update bios firmware while the smart array failed to detect hdd

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @HayatuddeenKT,

Thank you for posting! You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the "New Discussion" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo