HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drive configuration on proliant ml750

bryan corn
Occasional Contributor

drive configuration on proliant ml750

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have an ml750 with 8 processors, 8gig ram, 21 36.4 drives. i downloaded both firmware iso's and iso 7.40b and it says no updates are necessary. the 2 releases after this will not boot on this server. i downloaded smartstart 7.6 and 7.51 and neither will boot on this server. i loaded server 2003 booted directly from the microsoft cd and it installs. i downloaded the windows smartarray configuration utility for windows and installed it, reconfigured the arrays and logical drive. when i reboot the logical drives are as i configured them but will only let me partition it as it was partitioned instead of letting me partition the whole logical drive as one drive. trying to set around a 60-70 gig as the windows partition and that is what the logical drive is but instead of letting me partition it as a 60-70 gig it has three sections of unpartioned space on the logical drive instead of one and the sections are the same as the original partions . HELP