1753426 Members
5182 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

email alerts using iLO/AMS

tato386
Advisor

email alerts using iLO/AMS

Previously I would use CIMNotify to email alerts generated by proliant agents;  I see the iLO has an email feature but it isn't clear how I can get traps generated by ILO and AMS to this tool.  I'm I digging in the right place?

Thanks,

Diego

Thanks,
Diego
6 REPLIES 6
KK
HPE Pro

Re: email alerts using iLO/AMS

Hi Diego,

Please refer iLO user guide page #125 onwards to configure iLO AlertMail from iLO page.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03334051.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
tato386
Advisor

Hello KK,

The user guide only explaines how to setup and test the email feature.  I have done this already and it is working.  I am now looking for the next step which is to get a trap/alert/message from the AMS to be processed by the iLO email alert function.  I have no SNMP or syslog servers in my environment so I need hardware alerts to be processed solely using AMS/iLO and email.

Thanks,
Diego
KK
HPE Pro

Hi Diego,

From the user guide if you check further, in table 2, it has very clearly mentioned with AMS and without AMS which alerts will be generated and triggered.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
tato386
Advisor

Hello KK,

My question is regarding the configuration of a trap destination.  Where do I specify iLO Alertmail as my destination for traps?  All the config options for destination want the IP of an SNMP manager.  I don't have an SNMP manager so I need them to go to iLO Alertmail.

Thanks,
Diego
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

SNMP traps and mail are different things, not related to each other. If you only can use mail, use mail.
consider to m subscribe to remote support online.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
tato386
Advisor

Hello Torsten,

I am fully aware that SNMP and email are different things.

Are you familiar with CIMNotify?  This handly little tool would grab SNMP alerts from agents and email them to me.  I am trying to accomplish the same with the agentless/AMS and iLO email.

Thanks,

Diego

Thanks,
Diego