ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753851 Members
7840 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: embedded storage dynamic smart array b140i sata optical drive 1 configuration required

DOSNET
Occasional Visitor

embedded storage dynamic smart array b140i sata optical drive 1 configuration required

While booting the server i AM GTTING  THIS ERROR ON HP Prolient ML150 Server

Embedded storage: dynamic smart array b140i sata optical drive 1 configuration required

How to fix it ? please help

6 REPLIES 6
ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Re: embedded storage dynamic smart array b140i sata optical drive 1 configuration required

Hi, 

If the controller is not being used then please disable the controller by following the below steps:

Press F9 during POST to enter 'System Utilities' then select System Configuration -  BIOS /Platform COnfiguration (RBSU) -  PCI Device Enable/Disable - Embedded SATA Controller -  Press Enter, select disable

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
DOSNET
Occasional Visitor

"embedded storage dynamic smart array b140i sata optical drive 1 configuration required" 

Is it related to RAID ? If so then we are using RAID 1 and guide me how to fix this error

ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Hi, 

This is not related to the RAID as it clearly states that it is for the optical drive which would be available for the ML150 Gen9 server. 

Are you using B140i for the RAID configuration or do you have any other storage controller installed for the same?

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@DOSNET wrote:

While booting the server i AM GTTING  THIS ERROR ON HP Prolient ML150 Server

Embedded storage: dynamic smart array b140i sata optical drive 1 configuration required

How to fix it ? please help

What kind of device or hard drive do you have conencted to the ODD port?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
DOSNET
Occasional Visitor

I made changes as per your instructions but still same error occurred after
reboot.

Yes! We are using B140i for the RAID configuration and no other storage
controller installed for the same
ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Hi, 

Thank you for sharing the update. 

Please go ahead and enable the same since you are using the same controller for RAID configuration too. 

Is this error message not allowing to proceed with any actions?

If yes then I would request you to log a case with HPE Support so that it could be looked into in depth and a remote session could be taken to further work on it. 

If no then please provide an update once the RAID is configured and the server is booted into the operating system.

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo